BDA prepares several presentations, articles, and research reports each year. See below for examples of BDA’s expertise related to incentives and support for economic development organizations.
This presentation addresses steps economic development professionals should take to prepare for tax abatement disclosures at the state and local level.
This presentation describes analytical steps for assessing the community return on incentives before and after awards are made.
This presentation addresses ways to reduce risk and improve compliance and effectiveness in incentive programs.
This presentation explains how to use data and analytical tools to make better incentive decisions.
This presentation describes steps for conducting due diligence on incentive applicants.
- Military Economic Impact Analysis for the State of Louisiana, 2017
- Guest Series: The Changing Nature of Work in the Washington Region
- Redefining Economic Development Performance Indicators for a Field in Transition
- Career pathways for middle-skill jobs in the Greater Washington region’s leading industry clusters
- The 2030 Roadmap for the Washington Region
- Maryland Economic Development Finance Program Study
- Together North Jersey Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
- Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Management Review and Recommendations
- Workforce Trends In and Occupational Forecasts for Northern Virginia, 2010-2020
- The Washington Metropolitan Area 2030 Economic Outlook: Standard Forecast
- Megatrends: The Potential Effect on Growth Patterns in Greater Washington
- Coles Hill Uranium Report
- Renewing the US Commitment to a Strong Manufacturing Base, NIST MEP, 2010
- Human Capital and Women’s Business Ownership, US Small Business Administration, 2008
- A Governor’s Guide to Strengthening State Entrepreneurship Policy, National Governors Association, 2004
- New Disclosure Rules and the Future of Incentives (IEDC Economic Development Journal, Summer 2016)
- “Cost-Benefit Analysis of Investment Incentives,” in Rethinking Investment Incentives. (Columbia University Press, 2016)
- Taking Business Community Partnerships To a New Level (IEDC Members Only, 2014)
- Who Are You Dealing With? Gathering Corporate Intelligence Before Negotiating Incentives (IEDC Economic Development Now, 2013)
- Services in the Detroit Regional Economy: Implications for a City in Transition (The Services Industries Journal, 2011)
- Recession and Professional & Business Services Employment in the US: No Safe Haven (Povos e Culturas, 2011)
- Human Capital Policies in Practice – Thinking Beyond Young Talent (Applied Research in Economic Development, 2009)
- Professional and Business Services in Regional Economies (IEDC Economic Development Journal, 2006)